Freeman+Leonard is searching for a Graphic/Interactive Designer in the Oklahoma City area with 2-3 years professional experience. Local candidates preferred, however, if candidates have lived in the Oklahoma area before or have ties to the area, they will be considered.
The Designer is responsible for graphic design of client communications including but not limited to: email, static or flash web banners, collateral materials and business stationary.
- With oversight from the Creative Director (CD) – design and update graphics for the website, banners, landing pages, emails, collateral and packaging pieces as well as web and video content. Creative work must drive business results and associated return on investment while building client’s brand stature.
- Development of flash animations for display banners based on storyboards developed by designer or other members of the creative team – within file size and other specifications communicated by media partners.
- Collaborate with copywriters and other marketing team members to develop creative work and improve it based on team feedback.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g. Photography, Merchandizing, Operations etc) as necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or Graphic Arts, or Fine Arts
- 2-3 years or 5-7 years (level will depend on salary) of professional graphic design experience within agency or client-side environment
- Good digital marketing experience, creating designs for tactics such as e-commerce/direct response websites pages, emails, banners, etc.
- Experience with offline tactics such as collateral, packaging etc.
- Experience working in collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Must be proficient in flash animation and have flash scripting experience. Portfolio MUST include flash animations for display banners or similar tactics with strict file size constraints
- Experience in e-commerce and/or consumer retail required
- Good communication skills required: strong presentation skills, ability to build strong relationships across functions.
- Passion for and good understanding of the totality of the customer experience, and how to build great brands that drive superior business results
- Good understanding of latest digital marketing trends
Computer Skills: Thorough knowledge of Mac, Adobe CS 5 or later, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, In Design, Flash